Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Massage Therapists' Prayer



"Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is a daily admission of
one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart
without words than words without a heart"


- Mahatma Gandhi     







The Longing of a Soul...


Do you know that Prayer and Meditation is considered a discipline of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)? I have always believed in a Higher Being much greater than us and that meditation is a form of listening to him (or her). I have to admit that prayer is the longing of my soul, as much as massage is a longing of my body... I just wish I have prayed as often as I meditate. Roughly translated from my native language, here is what I utter:



As I attend to my clients today,
Guide all my skills, don't let them stray.

Make all of my touch kind - they mean so much,
Oh please, in my hands place Your healing touch.

Let Your love shine through all the glides I do,
So all those in discomfort may feel You.

Amen.





- Leo Feraer-Oporto     






No comments:

Post a Comment