"There are specific physiological and psychological changes that occur in your body and mind when you receive a massage, even more so when you utilized it as a preventative, frequent therapy and not simply mere luxury..."
Touch is our natural reaction to pain and stress, for conveying compassion and support. Massage is touch, healing and caring touch!
In this modern age of technical and sometimes impersonal medicine, massage have been offering a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on our body's natural ability to heal itself. Modern research have proven time and again its therapeutic benefits!
From treating chronic diseases and injuries to alleviating the growing tensions of our modern lifestyles, having a massage does more than just relax your body and mind! Massage not only feels good, but it can cure what ails you. Here are the TOP 5 Reasons why you should get a massage NOW! Massage Therapy:
1. Relieves stress, encourages relaxation, reduces anxiety, and decreases a person's general susceptibility to it.
2. Relaxes and softens tired, overused or injured muscles and can also reduce spasms and cramping on those problem areas.
3. Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkiller that: decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain and neck pain; relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication; and is also being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain (to name a few).
4. Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs. Increased circulation also improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin, giving you a healthy glow. It also stimulate the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system, against toxic invaders.
5. Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion; and can also increase joint flexibility. For the athlete of any level, it can reduce recovery time, and help prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent post - workout pains.
Utilized on a regular basis as preventative therapy - a Complementary or Alternative Medicine (CAM), and not merely luxury, these are just five of the awesome physiological and psychological changes that can occur in your body and mind when you get a massage! So what are you waiting for?! [Massage Therapy]
- Leo Feraer-Oporto