"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."
- Helen Keller
I hope this post finds you and your family safe and well.
It has been three days since Sandy. This unprecedented storm has created countless hardships here throughout the Northeast. And while the actual storm has wound down, it's these days that the effects continue to be felt.
My deepest thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the hurricane, heartfelt condolences to those who lost loved ones and the very best to those struggling to recover from their great losses...
Relief groups are still working to make sure everyone affected by the storm is cared for. And we can help:
- Assist a fellow Massage Therapist / Donate an equipment: AMTA-NJ at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 376-5151.
- Donate blood: RedCrossBlood.org ; New York Blood Center
- Give food and shelter: The Red Cross ; Salvation Army
- Help children in need: Save the Children ; World Vision
- Care for animals: The Humane Society of the United States ; The American Humane Association
- Provide emergency supplies: AmeriCares ; Catholic Charities USA ; Direct Relief International ; Feeding America ; Operation Blessing International
- Join in the cleanup: Team Rubicon ; Samaritan's Purse
- Help outside the U.S.: Operation USA ; International Medical Corps
- Stay informed: Impact Your World ; tweet @CNNImpact.
Links and suggestions 2 onwards are excerpts from a news article written by Julie Hays of CNN.com. To read the full article: CNN.com. To visit AMTA-NJ website, click here.
- Leo Feraer-Oporto