Monday, December 30, 2013

A New Year, a Farewell, a Thank You & a Therapist's Prayer



"It is better in prayer to have a heart without
words than words without a heart"


- Mahatma Gandhi     







Happy New Year!
And Thank You!


So the countdown to my last post terminates with 2013!

would like to start this final post with gratitude. I extend my heartfelt appreciation to everyone and all who visited and read this blog! Thank You so much!

I have always believed in a Higher Being much greater than us. And this, many times lead to some form of much-needed attunement with myself. And as  New Doors open up for me this coming year of the Horse, I had to close some old ones! A decision that I have contemplated for months as part of my chosen path of subtraction! (Because subtraction is Beautiful)

And in times that a decision does not come easy for me, I meditate and pray! Do you know that Prayer and Meditation is considered a discipline of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)?

I have to admit that prayer is the longing of my soul, as much as massage is a longing of my body... I just wish I have prayed as often as I meditate and regularly as I get massages!

Roughly translated from my native language, I would like to end this year, this last post and this blog with a Massage Therapy Prayer:


This New Year, as I attend to my clients each day,
Please guide all my skills, do not let them stray.

Make all of my touch kind - they mean so much,
Oh place in my hands Your true healing touch.

Let Thy love shine through all the therapy I do,
So all those in need & discomfort may feel You.

Amen.





- Leo Feraer-Oporto     





No comments:

Post a Comment